Sunday, September 5, 2010

Anniversary musing...

Rebirth. For many this carries a religious connotation. But for me that is how I describe the day I met my soul mate, Leslie. On a beautiful September day in 2003. A "setup" by mutual friends that I have come to believe were the vessels God used to do His work.

The setting was a camping area down by the Missouri River, south of Hartsburg, MO. We were going to do some guitar pickin' and drinkin' around a fire with some locals. Leslie was a singer for my friend Joe's C&W band and when you are playing guitar, a female voice is greatly appreciated. The stage had been set.

Leslie arrived and from the very beginning I realized that she was different. She was everything I was not. I am more reserved and quiet but she was..let's say..refreshingly exuberant. Fresh. New. Exciting. We hugged  and started talking like we had known each other for years. Her smile and laughter was infectious. She made me laugh, smile, feel good about myself. She was a delight. She touched my soul.

We sat around the fire...I played guitar..I sang a song..She fed me crab dip from her finger.

We sat in an old porch swing and talked..and laughed ..and shouted "Me too!!!"

We took a walk and I reached for her hand...a perfect fit...a moonlit path...our first kiss.

I told everyone that I was "smitten"..but...in all reality I was in love. Love at first sight is something that one may never experience. Yet, I did. It was like I was reborn. A new man. An empty life fulfilled.

A year later to the day, we were married in Bedford, TX. (A mere formality, since I cleaved to that woman on that magical night)


                           Happy Anniversary Sweet Pea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment